Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wait, I did that?

This week has sort of been a rough one. Even though the book is written and edited, the illustrations done today, and we're almost ready to format...there's something about writing that takes a toll. Writing at all is an exertion, a pouring out of your thoughts and heart into words onto pages - with this story, it was like pouring out my soul. After I wrote the first draft there were a few days when I felt like the deepest parts of me were just oozing and spilling out everywhere. When I got distracted with life, or went back to bed sick, I felt like I was losing so much ground, there was more work to be done, just not enough energy to do it. I'm on the home stretch now, and powering through the questions and the doubts (is this even good? will it help anyone?) sometimes I feel like a failure waiting to happen. Then I remember...

A month ago I didn't even have a story. In such a short amount of time I've come such a long way, and I can't stop now, not when I'm so close to finishing. I literally wrote a book in less than a month. How often does that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment